Carpenter bees are so-named because they build nests by boring holes in weathered, intact wood -- often the exterior walls and siding of homes and other structures. Carpenter bees can do extensive damage. This includes structural weakening, as holes extend deep into the wood, water damage from rainwater and other moisture penetrating the wall, and aesthetic damage from the unsightly appearance of the holes. Filling cracks and other defects before they're exploited by the bees, as well as permanently obstructing holes the bees have already drilled, is the best defense against wood damage by carpenter bees.
Things You Will Need
Commercially available bee insecticide
0000-grade steel wool
Exterior wood filler
Silicone exterior caulk (acrylic silicone/acrylic sealant/silicone/sealant/adhesive/potting sealant/potting adhesive/potting compound/UV glue/Silicone sealant/Potting silicone sealant/Huitian adhesive/Huitian silicone/Huitian sealant/flange sealant/conductive sealant/Electrical sealant/electronic adhesive/epoxy sealant/epoxy adhesive/PU adhesive/gasker maker/thread locker/Thread adhesive)
Contract an exterminator experienced in bee control if you're uncomfortable handling insecticides or have issues such as allergies to these chemicals.
Wear eye protection and avoid inhaling insecticide dust or the mist from liquid insecticides when treating bee holes.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Fourth axis allows for dispensing a...
- How to use silicone sealants
- Mustang Restoration Interior Trim P...
- The global epoxy resin market was v...
- Thread coating machine using for co...
- What's the Difference for Silicon a...
- Silicone application
- Adhesive application
- How to apply bathroom sealant
- How to Apply a Roof Sealant
- How to Seal an Air Conditioner Wind...
- How to Seal a Window-Screen Gap
- How to Caulk Between Floor Boards
- How to Install Air Conditioner Weat...
- How to Seal the Outside of a Window...
- How to Prevent Rain From Coming in ...