An electrically conductive adhesive is a glue that is primarily used for electronics.
The electric conductivity is caused by a component that makes ca. 80% of the total mass of an electrically conductive adhesive. This conductive component is suspended in a sticky component that holds the electrically conductive adhesive together. The particles of the conductive component are in contact to each other and in this way make electric current possible.
The thermal conductive glue can be silver, copper or graphite. Other conductive materials are possible but unusual. The sticky component can be a varnish (of one component) or a synthetic resin (of one or two components).
Applications of electrically conductive adhesive
• One could fix a defective conductor on a printed circuit board using an electrically conductive adhesive. In the same way, one could fix a defective rear windscreen heater on a car using an electrically conductive adhesive.
• If just a small current is needed, a temperature-sensitive electronic element can be electrically connected to a circuit using an electrically conductive adhesive instead of soldering.
• Thermally conductive adhesive can be used to paint the inner surface of plastic boxes containing electronic devices. This makes a Faraday Cage saving the internal components from electromagnetic radiation.
• Electrically conductive adhesives are used in scanning electron microscopy (SEM) to fix and ground the sample to avoid electrostatic charging of the surface.
The electrically conductive silicone mainly used for circuit board, LED industry, household appliances etc.
Related Industry Knowledge
- Fourth axis allows for dispensing a...
- How to use silicone sealants
- Mustang Restoration Interior Trim P...
- The global epoxy resin market was v...
- Thread coating machine using for co...
- What's the Difference for Silicon a...
- Silicone application
- Adhesive application
- How to apply bathroom sealant
- How to Apply a Roof Sealant
- The material cost for adhesive/sili...
- How to Apply Silicone Sealant in Ba...
- How To Apply Acrylic Adhesives To S...
- UV-crosslinkable acrylic pressure-s...
- How to seal around a bath
- What is Silicone Sealant
- The application of silicone rubber
- UV curing adhesive
- How to Caulk Outside Windows
- How to Caulk Fixed Glass Windows